There has not been much activity on our blog as of late but that doesn't mean that there hasn't been much activity on the trails! So lets bring everyone all back up to speed...
Whats been going on this spring:
• Trail work continues on the new bike park in Wolfville. Two short loops are now open and a third longer loop is expected to open shortly. After the current loop that is under construction is completed work will be starting on the huge skills park! Yippie!!
• There have been two mountain bike races held in The Valley already this year. One Enduro at The Gorge in Kentville and one at The Links in Woodville. At every race we have been hosting a BBQ thanks to donations from Al's Homestyle Sausage and The Fireside Cafe in Canning. All proceeds go towards supporting the AVMBA's trail work.
• The next MTB race in the area will be held at The Gorge on the August 31 - September 2 weekend. Check out facebook.com/trailflow/events for more details. There will be an XC team relay and points series XC race plus lots of other fun events.
• AVMBA group rides are back! Keep eye on our Facebook page for locations. Most ride happen Wednesday nights and typically start around 6:00 or 6:30
• Wait.. you not an AVMBA member? Why not?! It' only runs you $20 and every little bit helps keep local trails in great shape. Drop in to Valley Stove & Cycle in Wolfville and pick up a membership form today or ask a AVMBA board member.
• Construction of a small skills park us underway at The Gorge in Kentville. This will be a great little warm up area for you to play on before you hit the trails. Sweet!
• The Trips for Kids Annapolis Valley program continues this year thanks to generous donations and grants. Check out all the TFK rides and events at http://annapolisvalleytripsforkids.blogspot.ca
• Bikes are awesome, as always.