The Annapolis Valley Mountain Bike Association is seeking a motivated and energized person for the full-time, seasonal position of Annapolis Valley Mountain Bike Coordinator. Responsibilities will include bicycle safety education programming for all ages and abilities, including coordinating, promoting and implementing children’s bike rodeos and Trips for Kids programming. Planning, promoting and implementing a membership drive, volunteer maintenance days, and developing local trail promotional materials will also be a significant portion of the position. The Coordinator will work closely with the AVMBA Executive, the Town of Wolfville Manager of Recreation & Active Living, The Municipality of Kings Active Living Coordinator, and other Kings County Municipal staff in connection with these responsibilities. Applicants should have strong organizational skills and enjoy working in a non-profit environment.
· two years experience (or equivalent) in non-profit organizations
· experience in cycling education and/or safety programs
· experience in trail maintenance
· familiarity with Kings County, Kings County trails
· familiarity with cycling/ trail advocacy/ trail maintenance programs
· leadership experience & training for working with children and adults
· event/ program planning experience
· computer skills including database, word processing, and graphics
· online outreach skills including website, html, email, and social networking
· good communication skills
· highly self-motivated, organized and results-oriented
· a commitment to promote cycling as recreation, sport and transportation
· interest in working with all abilities and ages
The hours for this Coordinator position are 35 hours/week, and will pay $12.00/hour. This position will require some work on weeknights and weekends. Office space will be provided at the Town of Wolfville. The successful applicant will be required to provide a criminal record check and be willing to get a Child Abuse Registry Search done.
Please direct all completed applications via email, or in person by Tuesday, April 15th, 2014, no later than 4:30pm. We ask that you merge your cover letter and resume into one document (resumes without cover letters will not be considered). We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered will be contacted.
In person: Town of Wolfville, 359 Main Street